Dounia has been practicing law in Dubai since 2014. She specializes in the following sectors: corporate & commercial, employment, data privacy & governance, and legal support for advertisement and marketing related topics in the FMCG sector. Dounia is fluent in English, German and Berber.
Born and raised in Frankfurt, Germany, Dounia moved to Dubai in 2014 and joined the team of SCHLÜTER GRAF. After graduating with a law degree from Johann Wolfgang Goethe University in Frankfurt, she clerked with Magic Circle law firms and gained valuable insights into corporate, commercial, employment, and contract law. Dounia has been admitted to the bar in Frankfurt since 2012. Before joining SCHLÜTER GRAF in Dubai, Dounia worked for a medium sized law firm in Osnabrück, Germany in the employment and corporate department.
One of Dounias’s focus areas is advertisement and the media laws of the Gulf region, and she regularly assists SMEs and MNCs with their product advertisement and promotion activities and the incorporation of data privacy and governance structures. She supports in-house counsels in the FMCG sector with general advice and guidance in the day-to-day business related to marketing projects, e-commerce, and drafting of a variety of contracts, such as terms and conditions, consent forms, marketing service agreements, cooperation agreements, talent agreements, freelancer agreements and influencer agreements. Dounia also advises on a broad range of corporate and employment matters in the Gulf region. Since 2022 Dounia is based in Hamburg.
* Dounia Aghdoube is an Associate Partner (employed lawyer) with SCHLÜTER Rechtsanwälte PartG mbB (Hamburg / Germany).
- Advising a leading multinational manufacturer of consumer goods in matters related to marketing, data protection, e-commerce, commercial, compliance and digitalization
- Advising an international lifestyle and sports brand on matters related HR, compliance, corporate housekeeping, claims management and coordination of litigation processes across the GCC
- Advising a multinational manufacturer of luxury vehicles on data privacy regulations and policies in the GCC
- Advising a German lifestyle and sports brand on the introduction and implementation of an e-commerce platform in the GCC