Albert Jové Franco
Admitted to the Barcelona Bar Association in 2015, Albert’s extensive legal experience covers practice areas in corporate & commercial, sports, and labor law. He has been serving as a member of the Spanish Business Council in the UAE since 2018 and is the first legal advisor appointed by the Mexican Embassy in the UAE. Albert is head of SCHLÜTER GRAF’s Spanish & LATAM Desk and is fluent in English and Spanish.
Born and raised in Barcelona, Spain, Albert moved to the UAE in 2015 and joined SCHLÜTER GRAF’ Dubai team a year later. After graduating in law from Universitat de Barcelona, Spain, Albert’s passion for law enticed him to further his legal knowledge by completing his Master of Legal Profession from Universitat Oberta de Catalunya in Barcelona, upon which he continued to build on his extensive legal experience by working at a reputable Spanish law firm, and then in the legal department of one of Spain’s largest and oldest insurance companies.
During his time in the UAE, Albert served as vice chairman of the Spanish Chamber of Commerce in the UAE until 2020. His legal work has been further recognized by having been appointed as the first legal advisor of the the Mexican Embassy in the UAE. Albert is also recommended by the Spanish Embassy in the United Arab Emirates and the Commercial Office of Spain in the UAE (ICEX). As the head of SCHLÜTER GRAF’s Spanish & LATAM Desk, Albert regularly advises Spanish and Latin American companies, multinational corporations, and SMEs on corporate and commercial legal matters.
- Advising a Republic of Colombia Pavilion on its participation in and construction of its pavilion for EXPO 2020
- Advising a Spanish multimedia communication group on commercial and corporate matters
- Representing a Spanish manufacturer of thermal and acoustic isolation material in a multi-million AED DIFC arbitration case
- Advising a Spanish manufacturer of luxury beauty and cosmetic products on commercial and corporate matters
- Day-to-day advice to an IT consultancy company for the entire GCC region
- EAU: lmplementación De La Nueva Normativa De lnversión Extranjera En Las LLC (Federal Decree Law N.º 26 de 2020)
- Cambios en la Commercial Companies Law (Decreto Federal Nº 26 de 2020, por los que se deroga la norma “49-51” y la ley FDI
- EAU anuncia cambios en la legislación mercantil para permitir el 100% de propiedad extranjera en las empresas
- EAU: Nueva Regulación Respecto a los Beneficiarios Reales / Ultimate Beneficial Owners (Decisión del Gabinete No. 58 of 2020)
- UAE: Nuevo programa de Dubai One Free Zone Passport
- The biggest Legal Reforms in the 50-year History of the United Arab Emirates